So I wanted to try it, but was out of all purpose flour. I should’ve had bread flour in the first place, but that’s a different story.
So, going by the usual measurements that I found on about four recipes, including Giada’s, I put 4 cups of whole wheat flour to 1.5 cups of water. Not realizing that the two flours are different. The result was a stiff dough that didn’t seem to proof. Or maybe I wasn’t patient enough to let it sit for longer. Well, I didn’t have the time either as I was having friends over. And pizza was going to be dinner.
So, I did another round, this time with three cups of flour. The dough looked fine and proofed well on the first round. And it did, on the second round too.
I used my KitchenAid stand mixer to knead the dough.
Here’s what our pizzas looked like. I, didn’t know how to roll it or whirl it like a professional, so we tried and experimented different thicknesses.
The sauce was store bought – from Trader Joe’s. Happy with the results, but can’t wait to try with bread flour.